7 Bowers Landing Dr. Apt 305
Merrimack, NH 03054
HIGH HOPES FOUNDATION OF NEW HAMPSHIRE (June 2012 – Dec. 2012)
Executive Director Merrimack, NH
- Developed and executed annual fundraising campaigns
- Coordinated business development and community outreach efforts as the main contact for agency
- Oversaw all office operations including but not limited to $120K annual budget, resource allocation and communications
- Managed “wish” process from initial intake through to completion
- Created five year strategic plan for agency growth and sustainability
- Implemented policies and procedures for volunteers, Board of Directors and future staff
CHILD ADVOCACY CENTER OF HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY (October 2011 - May 2012)
A Program of the Granite State Children’s Alliance Nashua, NH
Development Director/Forensic Interviewer
- Successfully executed a record breaking $250,000 fundraising event, utilizing staff and volunteer resources, as well as previous galas, a triathlon, dance recital, hope blooms campaign and others
- Served as spokesperson for the organization in the community, through social networks and provided training to individuals working with children to help identify child abuse and promote responsible reporting
- Created, maintained and implemented a comprehensive calendar year development plan to assist with funding sustainability along with an ongoing marketing campaign utilizing Constant Contact for newsletters and events
- Worked closely with members of the NH schools to provide continued training to staff and students on various issues; sexual abuse, cyberbullying, internet safety, and child protection laws
CHILD ADVOCACY CENTER OF HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY (Sept. 2008 - Oct. 2011)
Program Coordinator/Forensic Interviewer Nashua, NH
- Conducted approximately 1000 videotaped forensic interviews according to the Standards of the National Children’s Advocacy Center and other national training organizations
- Provided victim support and advocacy for children and families from initial orientation through the evaluation process and provided crisis counseling as needed to address victim and family responses
- Encouraged team decision-making to ensure child safety, family case planning and legal integrity of the case
- Acted as a neutral team liaison to coordinate efforts between law enforcement, district attorney’s offices, child protective services, medical and mental health providers and victim service agencies
- Prepared case review lists, schedules and reports. Coordinated meetings and conduct case review process through multidisciplinary team
- Tracked and managed semi-annual statistical submission through NCATrak database by coordinating with all multidisciplinary team members to obtain current case information
CHILDREN’S ADVOCACY CENTER OF SUFFOLK COUNTY (August 2005 - Sept. 2008)
- Conducted intakes, provided resources and referrals to clients, and initiated multidisciplinary team response for emergency and non-emergency cases
- Conducted outreach to community organizations and prepared all necessary materials
- Responsible for A/R, A/P, financial report preparation and various other administrative tasks
ADDITIONAL PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
TOWN OF CARLISLE - Carlisle, MA (2004-2008)
Police and Fire Dispatcher
LEXINGTON ALARM SYSTEMS - Bedford, MA (1998-2004)
Senior Alarm Dispatcher
GRANTS SEMINAR – Portsmouth, NH (2012)
LEADERSHIP GREATER NASHUA – Nashua, NH (2012)
BASIC, ADVANCED & EXTENDED FORENSIC INTERVIEW TRAINING - Huntsville, AL
(2008, 2010 & 2011)
STEWARD OF CHILDREN – Bedford, NH (2009)
VICTIM WITNESS ADVOCATE TRAINING – Boston, MA (2006)
Suffolk County Attorney’s Office
N8’s CAUSE – Merrimack, NH (Jan 2013 – Present)
MERRIMACK CHAMBER OF COMMERCE – Merrimack, NH (March 2013)
BOSTON AREA RAPE CRISIS CENTER (BARCC) – Boston, MA (2005-2006)
Certified Hotline Counselor – Volunteer
Northeastern University, Boston, MA (May 2005)
Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services & Counseling
Graduated Magna Cum Laude
Suzette P. Ciancio
64 Pollard Street North Billerica, MA 01862
Account Management Professional
Results-oriented Sales and Account Management Professional with extensive experience. Proven ability to identify new business and increase sales within established accounts and mature territories.
Build long term relationships and develop solutions to address customer needs resulting in mutual growth.
Successfully train sales, national, and field sales representatives.
Professional expertise respected among peers.
John Wiley and Sons, Hoboken, NJ 2006 - 2012
New England Professional/Trade Sales Representative
- Structured and implemented appropriate successful strategies and priorities for account development and coverage focusing on customer needs and satisfaction.
- Maintained expert comprehensive knowledge of both print and digital products.
- Kept abreast of market needs and trends among industry, territory, and customers.
- Liaison between the marketing departments and my accounts; coordinating promotions, explaining new technologies, developing marketing pieces for use with my accounts.
- Arranged two bookstore signings for Tedy Bruschi of the New England Patriots, bringing in an extra $25,000 in revenue for the fiscal quarter.
- 2007 Outstanding Accomplishment in the Wiley/Professional/Trade Group
Pearson Education, Boston 1999 - 2006
Marketing Manager Pearson Technology Group (1 year)
- Marketed print and digital products for Open Source, Engineering and Telecommunications for Prentice Hall and Addison-Wesley publishers.
- Worked with authors on new and revised books for marketing plans for web, national accounts & independent bookstores.
- Organized LinuxWorld & DesignCon trade show – booked authors, planned booth space, placed advanced marketing, worked with publicist, organized booth events.
- Achieved 12% over budget for year-end sales 2005-2006.
Pearson Technology Group Sales Representative for New England (6 years)
Sold all product lines to independent bookstores
- Prospected and opened non-traditional accounts such as computer stores and camera stores.
- Promoted product placement with co-operative advertising.
- Organized and ran tables for annual book trade show.
- Liaison between the marketing departments and my accounts.
Worked with in-house sales systems to teach other national and field sales representatives in the PTG group.
Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River, NJ 1993 - 1998
- Sold Prentice-Hall titles to independent bookstores.
- Set up displays, end caps, bookfairs with bookstores to increase Prentice-Hall presence and to increase sales.
- Kept up with technology changes to educate accounts.
- Encourages accounts to consider web presence
- Helped train new reps by working with them on sales calls and teaching them the house sales systems.
Bachelor of Arts, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA
French and Education
Communauté des Etudiants Etrangers, Grenoble, France
Book Publisher Representatives of New England
Current member Board of Trustees, Billerica Public Library, Billerica, MA
Co-Chair Soup Kitchen Committee, Trinity Church, Concord, MA
STEPHEN C. ARTHUR
34 West Meadow Road
Haverhill, MA 01832
Experienced and successful sales and customer service professional with 15+ years of experience within a variety of corporate environments. Highly developed interpersonal and problem solving skills. Able to work effectively with employees at all levels. Mature, highly dependable and extremely hard working.
2011-Present Inbound Customer Service Rep, Potpourri Group, Inc., Chelmsford MA
Generated many thousands of dollars in income through daily interaction with 75-100 customers nationwide, providing efficient order placement, problem solving as needed, and product knowledge
Consistently meets or exceeds all company goals for call time efficiency and production
Many times top producer for in house sales promotions
2010-2011 Project Engineer, Door Department, Surveillance Specialties, Wilmington MA
Contributed $400,000 to bottom line through pre-sale solicitation as well as post-sale follow up
Added numerous new customers to company base.
Oversaw commercial project bids to General Contractors throughout New England from bid to contract close. Reviewed and analyzed drawings, specifications and addenda
2009-2010 Estimator, Door Department, Star Sales and Distribution, Woburn MA
Bid commercial projects to General Contractors and Drywall Contractors in Massachusetts
Review and analysis of drawings, specifications and addenda for Section 8
Assisted walk in customers
2009 Chief Estimator, Horner Commercial Sales (Division of North Atlantic Corp.), Woburn MA
Bid commercial projects to General Contractors throughout New England
Review and analysis of drawings, specifications and addenda for Section 8 doors, frames and hardware
2002-2009 Estimator, Commercial Department, Merrimack Valley Wood Products, Derry NH
Bid and closed over $2,000,000 in commercial projects in 2008 to General Contractors throughout New England
Reviewed and analyzed drawings, specifications and addenda for Section 8 doors, frames and hardware
1994-1997 Territorial Management Representative, Offtech, Wilmington, MA
Generated hundreds of new customers through in person cold calls for a territory which included Logan Airport and numerous greater Boston locales. Provided pre and post-sale support and expertise.
Increased business 50% as Territorial Management Rep for an installed customer base within seven towns in the North Shore
University of Massachusetts Boston, BA
DHI Takeoff and Estimating
Ingersoll/Rand Hollow Metal (Steelcraft) Seminar
Comsense Training Seminar
Sargent Distributor Course – Certificate
Notary Public (25 years)
12 Woodbine Path
Dracut, MA 01826
Objective: To establish a successful career in customer service, public relations or marketing where I can provide my experience in communications, strong work ethic and personable people skills
1.)Producer, Chief Operator, Account Representative and Sports Talk Host -
(900AM WGHM, 1250AM WGAM & 1590AM WSMN)
149 Main St, Suite 210. Nashua, NH 03060
September 2009 – February 2013
-Produced and voiced daily pre-recorded news update for WSMN radio, informing listeners of local community news and events
-Voice-tracking, music implementation, script revisions, editing and programming of paid commercials for advertisers.
-Edited, uploaded and programming of pre-recorded show segments
-Board operating to enable quality audibility of WGAM and WSMN programs (programs include focus on sports, local news and developments, financial management, business, national political issues, advice for job seekers and success in business)
-On-Air Personality and co-host of many of these programs.
-Assisted program hosts in gathering daily and weekly content for their programs as well as booking guests
-Produced other sporting broadcasts on WGAM including Merrimack College Hockey, Manchester Monarchs hockey, Fisher Cats baseball, Boston College sports as well as other local, high school and college sporting events. Duties include connecting via ISDN or Comrex to setting of event and establishing proper connection for on-air broadcast. Pre-planning includes mic check levels and then board operating for live broadcast to ensure smooth audibility.
-Uploading and podcasting of all daily and weekly programming on both radio stations.
-Administrative inventory work to ensure all commercials aired as scheduled by sending completed affidavits to station affiliates.
-Completed monthly programming schedules via Microsoft Excel distributed to colleagues to ensure organized programming process.
-Sold hourly blocks of on-air programming inventory to clients to promote their business or service, which drew revenue for Absolute Broadcasting
-Voice-tracking, music implementation, editing, recording and/or uploading of promos, rejoiners and pre-recorded shows & interviews via Cool Edit and then transferring to Nexgen program to be broadcasted.
-Monitored, cued and played commercial breaks from Nexgen program for show intermissions.
Also monitor radio stations’ traffic logs on daily basis to ensure all scheduled inventory will air as scheduled
-Recorded and inspected daily and monthly transmitter readings received and sent from and to 900WGHM, 1250WGAM and 1590WSMN
-Organized and programmed clocks consisting of scheduled commercial inventory which airs during breaks for the Manchester Monarchs 2010-11 AHL hockey season, in Nexgen
-Program host and produced weekly radio show which aired on WGAM and WGHM focusing on Boston Celtics entitled Green Machine. Booked and interviewed guests related to NBA as well as weekly segments which focused on news regarding the Celtics and the rest of the league
-Program host and produced weekly radio show airing on 1590AM WSMN called The Beat. Booked and interviewed local political figures and guests from local establishments to address local news, discuss nearby attractions and upcoming events.
2.) Producer -Greater Media Boston (96.9FM WTKK)
55 Morrissey Blvd - Boston, MA 02125
December 2009-June 2010
-Operating Rubicon audio board to enable quality audibility of WTKK’s programs (programs focus on political issues and current news hosted by Michele McPhee, Jay Severin, Michael Graham, Jim Braude & Margery Eagan, as well as raising designated audio pot for CNN news at scheduled times.)
-Utilizing 25-7 (record playback source) in the event of programming extending pass scheduled limits, interfering with other scheduled segments. 25-7 enables all segments to be heard in their entirety, regardless of delays.
-Connect to affiliate radio stations via ISDN to establish connection of syndicated radio programming. (Programs include Hire It Done, John Batchelor and Big Money show.)
-Operate Audio Vault program log to load and play commercials during program intermissions
-Download and transfer weather forecasts from internet to Voxpro program for airing.
-Record hourly transmitter readings for all Greater Media Boston radio stations (WBOS 92.9FM, WTKK 96.9FM, WKLB 102.5FM, WROR 105.7FM and MAGIC 106.7FM)
3.) Producer -Merrimack Valley Radio (980AM WCAP)
249 Central St-Lowell, MA 01852
June 2008-June 2009
-Board operating to enable quality audibility of local talk programs
-Booked guests connected to local importance & relevance and called them as arranged.
-Promoted WCAP's services to guests/representatives of local businesses in regards to sales opportunities.
- Heavy phone coordinating with news correspondents related to sports, politics and other content to provide information to on-air hosts.
- Provided relevant information and talking points to hosts on scheduled daily guests
- Completed grids on Microsoft Excel designated for station manager, program manager and hosts, signifying weekly segments on Merrimack Valley Afternoon program.
-Uploaded, imported, cued and played commercial breaks, weather, traffic sounder, pre-recorded local news segments and bumper music appropriate to subject matter
- Syndicated daily evening news from WCVB channel 5 on WCAP’s airwaves.
-Produced Lowell Devils hockey, Lowell Spinners baseball, UMass Amherst Football & Basketball and UMass Riverhawks hockey via Comrex or ISDN connection
-Edited and voice-tracked commercials, PSA’s and political service announcements using Cool Edit.
-On-air talent for weekly and periodic segments focusing on sports recaps, national & local news and on-air conversing with guests.
4.) Logistics/Sales Associate - Old Navy
Daniel Webster Highway, Nashua, NH.
November 1998-September 2008
-As a cashier, processed all purchases and returns for customers in timely manner on register
-Offered/sold merchandise including add-ons, weekly sale items and Old Navy credit card accounts on sales floor and at register.
-Fitting Room attendant which included servicing customers by recommending and delivering them suggested items and different sizes.
-Received and processed all new, incoming daily merchandise by organizing in stock room and then placing into appropriate places on the sales floor.
Rivier College: Nashua, NH
August 2002-May 2005
Bachelor of Arts in Communications
Middlesex Community College: Lowell, MA
September 1999-June 2002
Associates Degree in Communications
3 Paula Ave
Londonderry, NH 03053
(973) 980-9909 Cell
Objective -A hands on position with an industry leading organization that will allow me to utilize my existing skills and abilities while allowing me to grow and develop as an employee.
Education -BS Hospitality Management, University of New Hampshire, Durham, NH
Related Experience Route Sales Representative, Frito Lay, Inc. Wilmington, MA (October 2012-January 2013)
-Trained on various direct store delivery routes and learned the required methods to best service accounts to company standards. Assisted in the merchandising of high volume accounts by building impactful and shopable displays and made sure company products were properly placed and displayed on shelving and permanent and temporary racks. Properly operated sales routes on a temporary basis because of vacations or illness. Was always aware of product expiration dates and ensured proper rotation of product so as to properly manage account inventory. Utilized company cash handling techniques as well as followed required procedures for credit accounts. Utilized hand held computer and printer for ordering and deliveries.
Sales Representative, Shore Point Distributing Co., Freehold, NJ (July 2008-October 2012)
-Established relationships, generated orders and built sales volume through phone calls for an account base of restaurants, bars and private clubs for a large NJ based beverage alcohol distributor. Quickly transitioned into a relief sales position to cover established sales routes during vacations, absences, or illnesses of established salesmen. Was assigned an individual territory in May 2011 and was able to increase sales and distribution of an entire portfolio of domestic, imported and craft beers, wines and spirits for on and off premise accounts. Utilized various sales, marketing and merchandising tools in order to build sales. Inventoried the full portfolio at assigned accounts in order to sell appropriate product quantities as well as gain new distribution. Sold in and executed various on and off premise promotional activities such as prize giveaway contests and bar & restaurant sponsored events. Ensured accounts were within assigned credit terms and collected payment when due. Was always aware of product expiration dates and ensured proper rotation of product so as to properly manage account inventory. Also was the contact person between the customer and the company and was able to solve customer service issues in a timely manner.
Merchandiser, Shore Point Distributing Co., Freehold, NJ (February 2006-July 2008)
-Increased sales and exposure of a beer, wine & spirits portfolio through the creation of large and small scale displays, as well as through the use of posters, banners and other forms of visual media. Utilized various forms of permanent and temporary point of sale materials to advance brand awareness. Served as a secondary company representative for specific accounts within a defined territory and assisted with merchandising, sales and distribution goals.
Merchandiser/Sales Representative, Books are Fun, Inc., New Providence, NJ (December 2004-February 2006)
-Added new accounts as well as serviced existing accounts for a book sales service. Gained new accounts through cold calling, networking and product presentations to daycare centers and preschools. Processed and fulfilled orders from an on site warehouse, as well as handled payments.
Territory Manager, U.S. Foodservice, Kearny, NJ (December 2003-December 2004)
-Built a successful territory from the ground up through the use of cold calling and networking. Created relationships with various owners, managers, and executive chefs so as to anticipate their needs and wants and how to best provide them. Used promotional and sales techniques such as sampling, product knowledge, and demonstrations to make a sale. Built a profitable territory of active accounts in several months.
Manager, Cosi Sandwich and Coffee Bar , Multiple Locations in NJ (November 2002-December 2003)
-Managed multiple locations for an expanding fast casual concept. Led shifts with a hands on approach from the floor not the office. Heavily involved in all managerial aspects of a successful restaurant including the hiring, training, and termination of staff, ensuring positive customer experiences, ordering and inventory control of all food, beverage and non food products, proper money handling, as well as possessing a working knowledge and expert ability of all hourly line positions.
Manager, Cloverleaf Tavern, Caldwell, NJ (May 2001-November 2002)
-Managed a local bar and grill with average weekly sales of approximately $40,000. Duties included but were not limited to customer interaction for the purpose of ensuring guest satisfaction, coordination of kitchen, bar
and service staff for presentation of quality, consistent food and drink, staff scheduling, computer work on POS system, creation of marketing and other promotional items and programs, menu design, inventory analysis, small banquet planning and coordination, hiring, training, and termination of staff members and other day to day operations to ensure profitability and continued success.
Miscellaneous -Eagle Scout- Boy Scouts of America (January 1997)
-T.I.P.S Certified (January 1998)
-ServeSafe certified (November 2002)
-Cicerone.org Certified Beer Server Certification (November 2011)
-DOT certified with medical card (November 2012)
-Smith System commercial driver safe driving program certified (November 2012)
Proficiencies -Extremely computer literate, able to use Microsoft Office/Open Office, Microsoft Publisher, various POS systems and internet proficient.
-Excellent, safe driving record and constant responsible operation and use of a company owned vehicle while with past two employers.