Kevin Willett's blog
Highly motivated, team oriented executive with experience as both a manager and sales/marketing representative for leading manufacturers and importers. This includes domestic as well as international experience. Looking for an opportunity where I can develop a company’s business utilizing my sales and marketing skills.
l Sales Management l Leadership & Supervision l Training & Development
l Project Management l Promotional Strategies l Budget Analysis / Management
l Organizational Skills l Customer Relations l Inventory Management
Managed domestic and international sales department with 8 reports (FISHMAN TRANSDUCERS).
Generated sales that included $10 Million domestic sales and $4 Million international sales; created monthly promotions to help achieve monthly sales quotas (FISHMAN TRANSDUCERS).
Increased sales from $1.6 Million per year to $25 Million per year. Total business achieved – over $200+ Million. This was accomplished through product development with a focus on improving quality, timely delivery and interacting with OEM suppliers (AXL MUSICAL).
Managed sales and marketing department with 20 reports (FENDER MUSICAL - Accessories).
Increased sales from $14 Million per year to $24 Million per year within four years; assumed responsibility for clothing and promotional items – increased sales from $250,000 to $1 Million the first year (FENDER MUSICAL - Accessories).
Developed 100-page full-color Price List / Catalog (FENDER MUSICAL - Accessories).
Generated sales through development of international accounts. During that time frame, revenues went from $15 Million in 1987 to $52 Million in 1995 (FENDER MUSICAL – International Sales & Marketing).
Managed a network of 50 international distributors via trade shows, personal visits (30 countries), telephone contact, mailings and faxes
Generated annual sales of $2 Million through a network of 100 retail dealers in the Mid-Atlantic States through regular personal visitations (FENDER MUSICAL - District Sales Manager - Domestic Sales (Mid-Atlantic States)
Vice-President - Global Retail Sales 2014 – 2016
FISHMAN TRANSUCERS - Andover, MA
Senior Vice-President - International Sales & Marketing 1999 – 2014
AXL MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS - Hayward, CA
(Off-shore vendor to Fender Musical Instruments)
Vice-President – Sales / Marketing 1978 – 1999
FENDER MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS CORP. - Scottsdale, AZ
Bachelor of Arts - RUTGERS UNIVERSITY
Charles T. Orosz
978-618-9990 • email@example.com • www.linkedin.com/in/charlie-orosz-9680b37
ONLINE, CONTINUING, and PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION PROFESSIONAL
An entrepreneurial leader in the field of education and training with over 25 years’ experience creating and implementing online and classroom programs that are innovative and achieve results. Strong work ethic coupled with the ability to lead, manage, and coach staff to work productively and enthusiastically. Advances vision and mission through planning, team building, communication, and successful execution.
Curriculum Design and Development
Bottom Line Driven
Cross-functional Team Building
Human Centered Design
Lead Through Influence
Trusted Values-Based Partner
New Program Development
Concept to Market Leadership
Innovative Driver of Change
Business Process Creation
Select areas of accomplishment:
Led the team that increased New England Region UPCEA conference attendance by 53% over the previous year.
Over a five-year period, implemented new programs and delivery modalities that grew online and evening from 20% to 49% of credits delivered at Bay State College.
Led the creation and delivery of the first online Adaptive Learning certificate program that resulted in thousands of enrollments and extremely high student satisfaction.
Implemented numerous changes that resulted in a 38% growth of the CE division in three years.
Created, implemented and managed new curricula and processes that grew the Boston New Horizons from last to first in the mega markets in only 13 months.
Developed, delivered, and/or managed 12 training programs that increased revenue from $8M to over $29M/year over seven years in transitioning tens of thousands of students into the IT workforce.
Led the design and development of the Desktop Support curriculum that won the 2001 CompTIA Career Awareness Award.
Managed the instructional analysis and design services that resulted in customized learning solutions for major clients: Disney, Fidelity, Verizon, Daimler Chrysler, John Hancock, etc. and resulted in millions in revenue.
Bay State College, Boston and Taunton October 2009 – July 2016
Director of Evening and Distance Education
Tapped to lead the President’s vision for Online and Boston and Taunton evening campuses.
Led the creation and execution of the strategic plan for Online division
Achieved the initial DOE and NEASC accreditation for online associate and bachelor degrees
Guided a faculty focus group that led to an online quality improvement plan based on the Quality Matters Rubric
Worked closely with Deans and Department Chairs on the development and delivery of 130+ online courses
Piloted and implemented web support for all courses at the college
Migrated to a Web 2.0 compliant LMS and reduced per course cost by 46%
Pushed for and beta tested a student portal for the college
Increased degree, concentration, and certificate offerings from seven to twenty-one
Created and implemented a college-wide Credit for Prior Learning policy that increased transfer by 31%
Partnered with Smarthinking and Straighterline to improve student support and degree completion
Selected the location, oversaw the design and build out, and moved the Middleborough Campus to Taunton
Director of Continuing Education
Managed the Boston and Middleborough evening campuses
Created and executed a strategic plan for the evening campuses
Redesigned the advising model to be more efficient and student friendly
Pushed for college-wide business rules and documentation of processes and procedures
Led improvements to the technical infrastructure and working environment at the Middleborough campus
Improved term to term retention from the mid-eighties to mid-nineties and increased associate to bachelor enrollments by 350%
Selected and implemented a college-wide online evaluation system
New Horizons Computer Learning Center of Boston October 2007-October 2009
Director of Career Development
Selected to increase focus on the consumer market, oversee the relationship with Career Centers and WIBs, and manage our grant process.
Led the increase of consumer sales from less than 5% of total revenue to over 35% in less than six months
Updated state approved programs to focus on demand occupations
Increased consumer student population by 650%
Managed government contacts and education licenses
Director of Training and Operations
Responsible for the creation and delivery of training courses and programs to the business and consumer markets. Led the operations, training, and information services staffs.
Created highly successful consumer evening programs that increased evening revenue by over 500%
Implemented fiscal controls to ensure profitability of custom B2B sales
Instrumental in closing an innovative custom B2B opportunity that generated $30K in monthly revenue
Successful implemented a new delivery methodology after two previous failures – represented over 60% of the student population
Managed a staff of 30 FTEs and a large pool of contractor trainers
Principle Consultant September 2006-Present
Provide consulting and learning services to businesses and managed service providers (MSP).
Clients: IntellADAPT, Avaya, AT&T, North Shore Work Force Investment Board, and Effective Student Marketing
Boston University Corporate Education Center, Tyngsboro, MA 1995–July 2006
Director of Curriculum and Instruction (2002–2006)
Managed training department including $2.4M/year development budget, 20+ staff/contractors, curriculum research and development, classroom and e-learning courseware, and related services directed to the corporate and professional markets. Provided pre/post-sales and marketing support, negotiated contracts and managed vendors.
Restructured Curriculum Development Department, improved quality and reduced courseware development expenses 20-100% that supported the 2-year, from 0 to $3M/year revenue growth into the international market
Led the efforts of forming and implementing a new sales/marketing strategy and restructured IT training programs that led to increased sales revenue including $1M in first year from one corporate customer alone
Increased product portfolio and revenue by researching, recommending, and implementing new curriculum
Used various technologies to design and implement a Dynamic Learning Model that allowed for simplified customization and delivery methods (classroom, e-learning, blended, OJL, etc.) to meet client needs
Manager of Instruction (2000–2002)
Managed full time staff instructors, contract instructors, and subject matter experts in the delivery and creation of technical courseware for the corporate, professional, and career-changer markets.
Significantly improved customer satisfaction during a period of rapid growth by monitoring, evaluating, and coaching instructors in classroom management and delivery techniques
Reduced classroom costs 10-20% without impacting quality on several certificate programs by blending eLearning with classroom instruction
Boston University Corporate Education Center, Tyngsboro, MA (continued) 1995–July 2006
Senior Technical Instructor (1995–1999)
Taught certificate programs, designed and developed technical courses, provided pre/post-sales support and IT network project support including Netware Directory Services, network design, troubleshooting etc.
Played a key role in the creation and delivery of numerous technical courses including the Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate program that won the 1998 Excellence in Training Award from Microsoft
Worked with other program instructors in creating a new PC Service and Support program that led to a 500% increase in student enrollment and associated revenue
Computer Learning Center, Somerville, MA 1992–1995
Manager of Technical Services / Department Head / Lead Instructor
Managed full and part-time instructors and technical support specialists.
Created and delivered the PC/LAN Tech Support program, that grew from 36 to 400 students per year
Digital Equipment Corporation, Waltham, MA 1983–1992
Services Account Manager / Field Service Engineer
Managed/Sold a service portfolio of products and services directed to the insurance and financial industries; major accounts included major Boston banks, insurance companies, law firms, state and federal agencies and Depart of Defense contractors
Received numerous customer service and sales awards
Massachusetts Army National Guard, Camp Edwards, MA
Flight Operations NCO, Held Secret Clearance, Honorable Discharge
United States Marine Corps, Camp Lejeune, NC
Special Intelligence Communications Center Supervisor, Held Top Secret SI Clearance, Honorable Discharge
Education, Training & Certification
Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration 1988, Anna Maria College, MA
Certificate in Project Management, Boston University
Certificate in Instructional Design. Boston University
Certified Online Instructor, Walden Institute
Dale Carnegie Course in Effective Speaking and Human Relations; received the Human Relations Award
Microsoft: MCT, MCSE+I
Exin: ITIL Foundations
CompTIA: Certified Technical Trainer+, A+, Network+, I-Net+
Novel: CNI, CNE
University Professional Continuing Education Association
Board of Directors and past New England Region Chair
North Shore Technology Council – Past Membership Chair, BoD
International Institute of Business Analysis: Championed the creation of the first US chapter
CompTIA: Served as advisor on the NITAS, I-Net+, and Network+ programs
Alternative Credentials - UPCEA-NE Conference 2014
Alternative Paths to Credit – UPCEA-NE Conference 2013
John M. Wilkinson
50 Howe Street (978) 688-4741 Methuen, MA 01844 firstname.lastname@example.org
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Experienced Operations Manager with strong achievement in project management, process improvement, data management, customer service and staff development skills. Excellent communication and interpersonal effectiveness. Successful in working with a variety of departments, global service providers, auditors and regulatory bodies.
MICROSOFT OFFICE APPLICATION PROJECT MANAGEMENT EMPLOYEE RETENTION
MUTUAL FUND ACCOUNTING BANK RECONCILIATION STAFF TRAINING &DEVELOPMENT
CONFLICT RESOLUTION SALES MANAGEMENT CALL CENTER MANAGEMENT
MULTICURRENCY SYSTEMS CUSTOMER SERVICE INVENTORY MANAGEMENT
PRESENTATION SKILLS SYSTEMS CONVERSIONS PROCESS PLANNING & IMPROVEMENT
MULTI-LEVEL COMMUNICATION FINANCIAL SERVICES EXPERIENCE 401K PROCESSING KNOWLEDGE
- § Successfully managed the offshore migration of 25% of the 401k Research and Resolution Departments adjustment processing responsibilities to India resulting in significant organizational cost cutting.
- § Implemented start up operations department for Baybank’s entrance into the Mutual Fund market where assets increased to over 1.25 billion dollars after one year.
- § Implemented Operational efficiencies that increased Retail Branch profitability by 13% in 2009.
- § Executed solutions that processed over 3000 Health Care claims daily through quality screening, problem resolution and reject streamlining to ensure more timely client funding.
- § Established procedures for "E-Trade" operational processing for account opening and trade execution of investments.
- § Implemented several associate recognition programs designed for improved moral and retention which resulted in 26% reduction in departmental turnover.
- § Successfully managed the relocation of the Putnam Investments Fund Accounting department from Braintree MA to Andover MA.
J P Morgan Chases – Client Service Advisor I (Contractor) 2016 - Present
Provides telephone support to Merchants and Clients and performs account analysis and problem resolution using various systems/applications, analytical and critical thinking skills and personal level of service.
Dynamic Introductions – Events And Marketing Manager 2015 - Present
Manage Office for Marketing of professional singles organization.
By Appointment Only – Team Manager 2014 - 2015
Manage staff of Business Development Reps making outbound sales appointments.
Alliance Imaging - Call Center Manager (Contractor) 2012 - 2013
Oversaw handling of all incoming and outgoing calls related to the scheduling of medical imaging scans.
Bank of America - Branch Manager 2011-2012
Managed branch associates on customer service, regulatory compliance, cash reconciliation and sales within a professional environment.
Beacon Health Strategies - Claims Manager (Contrac 2009 - 2010
Managed staff of claims processors and customer service associates on the timely processing of Health Care claims.
Patterson Dental - Operations 2008 - 2009
Supervised branch operation designed on the sales, service, installation of Dental equipment and goods.
Bonin Appraisal Services - Business Manager/Appr 2005 - 2007
Effectively managed the marketing, research and formulation of single family real estate market appraisals.
Fidelity Investments - Research and Resolution Manager 2005
Managed staff of 4 supervisors and 25 associate level clerks in the research and resolution of processing errors found in customers’ defined contribution investments.
FT Interactive Data -Data Production Manager 2000-2004
Supervised a 24/7 operation overseeing the data capture and validation of global financial data.
Associates Degree Business Management -Quincy College, Quincy MA.
Management related training and development seminars:
- Communication with Diplomacy and Professionalism
- Addressing Unacceptable Behavior Effectively
KENNETH E. WILLIAMS
Merrimack NH 03054
KenWilliamsPhotogr@gmail.com 603-377-0366 www.linkedin.com/in/kennethwilliams
SENIOR PRODUCT MANAGER
- Successful in driving new product innovation through definition, development, integration, roll-out, field support and product management of award winning solutions.
- Serve as evangelist providing strategic thinking and Subject Matter Expertise to Executive Management.
- Establishes the vision, launches the project and manages lifecycle “cradle-to-grave”
- Experienced in multinational corporate environments, productively working with cross-cultural product development centers globally. Excellent rapport with engineering and collaborative project teams.
- Solid international experience in field, marketing, support and R&D positions.
- Winner of many awards for excellence and US Air Force Auxiliary awards for outstanding performance.
Schneider Electric, Andover, Mass.
Defined, brought to market, and communicated new technologies to Sales, Support and customers. Represented the voice of the customer with Agile user stories and product requirements. Drove visions into winning value propositions for new product creation and product enhancements. Built strong business cases (including pricing strategies and return-on-investment analysis) and planned platform roadmap. Defined product acceptance criteria and prioritized development backlog. Advised development team on implementation questions. Ensured team was well prepared for product demonstrations and sales through distributor channels on a global basis.
- Hardware/firmware products defined and managed include network bridges, Industrial Automation Ethernet modules (IoT), Ethernet switches and accessories. Defined, specified and launched the award winning Ethernet M580 Industrial Programmable Logic Controllers with cyber security. Ensured products ambitiously designed to exceed the current regulations, safety and agency standards.
- Software products defined include PC network drivers and Network Management tools. Ensured integration with global engineering configuration tool for controllers. Web page design and ergonomics.
- Situation, Action, Response included early stage business development of new network management product. Created demo video, analyzed New York City Transit's Subway network needs and demonstrated measurement & monitoring solution and applied it to their business. Sold two site licenses the same day!
- Areas of contribution include corporate stage gate standards, requirements management, work practices, ethics and training requirements. Network design strategy for Building Automation division. The National winner of Schneider's ‘People Who Make a Difference Award’.
Schneider Automation, North Andover, Mass.
Senior Product Marketing Manager 1994 - 2011
- Grew worldwide revenue stream to $25M; instrumental in bringing the world's first embedded PLC web server (pioneering IoT) to market. Developed and executed marketing plans, created Product Requirements Documents, produced financial/sales projections and forecasts and set pricing/license policies. Internal champion and external evangelist.
Ken Williams Kenwilliamsphotogr@gmail.com 603-377-0366 Page 2 of 2
- Set product strategy. Conducted strategic negotiations with French, German and USA Marketing and Engineering organizations to rationalize product lines into a coherent global communications strategy. Analyzed and then directed strategy to employ Ethernet and Internet based technologies as an alternative to current proprietary networks and costly fieldbus wars.
- Reduced time to market. Utilized third party developers and manufacturers to ensure timely delivery of urgently needed network products. Found and helped qualify vendors, wrote RFQs, defined specifications, negotiated OEM arrangements, and reviewed & approved Statements of Work and Terms & Conditions. Successfully maintained long term relationships with vendors.
- Drove new product launches. Presented new products and strategies to customer and global sales force at regional rollout tours, trade shows, sales offices and at customer sites. Developed marketing collateral including presentations, Press Releases, data sheets, brochures and web site material.
ADDITIONAL RELATED EXPERIENCE
Agile Product Owner at TSSG, Technical Skills Share Group, Acton, MA
- Develop mobile, web and data analytics applications using Agile/Scrum project management tools.
- Product Owner - manage requirements and technical review for the Android Sleep Analyzer project team.
- Project skills used include - Agile/Scrum, User Stories and EEG data acquisition.
Networking Product Manager, Imagine LAN, Inc., Nashua, NH
- Launched PC Networking and Configuration solutions with successful outcome.
- Formulated press releases, advertisements and major trade show appearances.
- Defined product positioning and pricing.
Networking Applications Engineer in the Commercial and Manufacturing Application Group, and Principal Software Engineer in R&D Multivendor Integration Comms Development, Wang Laboratories, Lowell, MA.
- Developed, integrated and bench-marked a showcase RJ Reynolds PC LAN Imaging solution. Sale valued at $1.5 million with annual savings of $1.6 Million
- Managed R&D technical support and consultancy group
- Planned, executed and supported R&D, USAF and Department of State pilot network installations
EDUCATION and PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
BS Degree with Honors, Computer Science, University of South Wales, UK
Numerous corporate training programs
Intermediate conversational French
- Serving as Major in the US Air Force Auxiliary, Nashua NH – Airborne Search and Rescue
- Event Photographer at The Jericho Road Project, Lawrence, MA
- Lead Photographer and organizer at New England Parkinson's Ride, NH & ME
- Event Photographer at Merrimack Chamber of Commerce, Merrimack, NH
- National Commander's Commendation Award for Outstanding Performance - Civil Air Patrol 2013
- Commander's Commendation Award for Outstanding Performance - NH Wing Cmdr, USAF Aux - 2014
- Achievement Award for Outstanding Performance - NH Wing Commander, USAF Aux - Civil Air Patrol 2012
- Professional Development Officer of the Year - NH Wing Commander, USAF Aux - Civil Air Patrol 2014
- National 'People Who Make a Difference' Award winner & Top Annual Alliance Award winner, Schneider Electric North America 2011
Christopher J. Chesna
39B Boyd Road
Hudson, NH 03051
Tel. (978) 987-4249
Jan 2016 to Sep 2016:
Mevion Medical Systems / Littleton, MA 01460
TITLE: Import Export Manger
- Prepare and process import/export documentation according to regulations. Detailed
understanding and working knowledge of the federal regulatory requirements in the areas
of U.S. export compliance and documentation, including, but not limited to Export
Administration Regulations (EAR).
- With Mevion Regulatory Affairs, participate in development of global import/export strategies. Serves as a point of contact and authority for internal and external inquiries concerning global trade or customs compliance.
- Provide export compliance guidance and support to all business areas. Interface with RAQA, Global Services, Installation teams, and distributors regarding logistics and compliance related matters. Complete all application paperwork for export and import licenses.
- Track and trace shipments, research and resolve any issues regarding billing or shipping discrepancies, communicate timely correspondence back to both customers and vendors.
- Monitor and trace the location of company equipment and material. Confer with officials in various agencies to facilitate clearance of goods through customs and/or quarantine.
- Provide advice on transportation options for company equipment or material.
- Responsible for creation of shipping documents and labeling required to ship hazardous and/or radioactive material.
• Responsible for filing in the Automated Export Systems (AES).
• Reverse Logistics: Manage and coordinate with Global Services, Mevion Medical
Systems customers or Distributors end-to-end aspects associated with the international
Repairs Operations process; work closely with Supply Chain and Global Service organization to properly manage the depot inventory, including but not limited to inventory accuracy, inventory stocking levels, revision control and replenishment strategies.
- Based on direction from Global Services organization and Operations Project Management prioritize deliveries to Mevion Medical Systems international distributors
- Collaborate and build relationships with carriers and agent representatives regarding air,
ocean, import, and export products to strengthen service competitiveness.
- Perform ongoing analysis to track freight trends and provide recommendations for improvements.
- Review current internal business processes impacting transportation costs; make
recommendations for improvement.
- Ensure carrier compliance with company policies or procedures for product transit or delivery.
- Detailed understanding and working knowledge of INCOTERMS.
- Working closely with Mevion Regulatory Affairs, monitor changes in import/export laws or regulations and modify Mevion Medical Systems process and procedures accordingly.
- Advise on import/export restrictions, requirements or other customs-related matters.
- Continuously review/ validate HTS classifications that are utilized by Mevion Medical
Systems Customers and Distributors around the world. Initiate costs savings and duty
reductions through participation in Free Trade Agreements, Duty Drawbacks and other
eligible trade programs.
- Working with Regulatory Affairs, draft and maintain company Export Compliance
Manual to reflect current changes in Export Reform and how it impacts Mevion Medical
Systems. Perform export compliance training for company personnel (one-on-one, group
- or dept.).
Aug 2014 to Jan 2016:
QSA Global, Inc. / Burlington, MA 01803
TITLE: International Logistics Lead
- Ensure company complies with EAR, HTSUS and CBP regulations
- Classify products and confirm country of origin / manufacture
- Schedule, prepare, track exports of radioactive material within EAR, NRC guidelines worldwide
- Maintain metrics on shipment status, import licenses, returned containers
- Maintain certification and knowledge base of Dangerous Goods Regulations by all modes of transport
- Work in high-security radiation areas safely under authority of NRC/national background clearance levels
July 2013 – Aug 2014:
PHT Corporation / Charlestown, MA 02129
TITLE: Trade Compliance and Logistics Manager
- Comply with US EAR upon export from USA
- Classify product with emphasis in software via ECCN, CCATS
- Compliant importation of products into foreign countries, dealing effectively with foreign Customs regimes.
- Keep current on US and Foreign import and export requirements pertaining to PHT’s products, ensuring compliance with the USCBP and 19 CFR
- Review products for export, ensuring that all end users are screened against the US DPL and that no shipments are sent to embargoed destinations
- Build and operate PHT Reverse Logistics, ensuring all devices are returned to PHT upon completing of each project
- Participate in RFQ (request for quotation) with carriers and logistics vendors
- Interpret laws, rules and regulations regarding shipping; apply for and maintain necessary certifications and licenses for import/export control
- Serve as the subject matter expert on Import, Export and Trade Compliance Issues
- Interface effectively with Client Services to understand the unique logistics requirements for each study and build a delivery plan accordingly
- Supply Chain design
- Training of Logistics and non-Logistics personnel of 2 direct reports and 21 indirect reports
May 2010 – July 2013:
Doble Engineering Co. / Watertown, MA 02472
TITLE: Traffic Supervisor, Worldwide Headquarters
- Review new sales purchase orders, contracts, commercial documents from direct clients and representative offices worldwide
- Conduct restricted parties screening on all parties related to import / export transactions
- Apply for and maintain Department of Commerce BIS export licenses as needed
- Initiated RMA process and product valuation and depreciation method for company
- Work with forwarders, Customs brokers to negotiate rates, maintain relationships and ensure seamless transactions for transportation of equipment worldwide
- Write and implement ISO-standardized programs for the processing of new sales orders, demo-to-sales transactions and work flow processes for the order process and compliance of international sales
- Define payment methods, obtain credit approval from CFO, process letters of credit.
- Perform AES Direct EEI submissions and provide in-house training to staff
- Arrange transportation of import and export shipments for all international traffic, preparing all export documentation up to and including performance bonds, letters of credit, manufacturer affidavits, powers of attorney.
- Maintain current training and knowledge base of export / import compliance.
- Perform performance reviews of direct reports, provide training and professional incentives and feedback for development.
- Attend weekly backlog sales order meetings and provide global director of operations with order status for all international sales orders.
- Meet weekly with global director of operations to review and resolve compliance issues, import and export
- Meet weekly with global director of operations and purchasing manager for implementation of SEC Conflict Minerals compliance and determination
June 2007 – May 2010
Kintetsu World Express U.S.A. / Stoneham, MA 02180
TITLE: Export Operations Manager
- Successfully and continually train and delegate general and specialized tasks and assignments to an export operations staff of 14, warehouse staff of 3 reports (via collective bargaining agreement)
- Increase profit margins to select European and Asian lane segments by introducing shipper pre-built/unitized cargo program. Overall yield increase of over 100% to Europe, and 55% to Asia.
- Effectively reduce trucking costs by 15% via initiating use of truck vendor partners with whom I have a strong rapport and relationships
- Reduce ocean freight inland fees by 10-15% and remove container stuffing costs by providing these services utilizing in-house warehouse personnel and loyal trucking vendor partners
- Establish incentive programs to warehouse and office staff based on overall performance, accuracy and consistency.
Sep 2004 - May 2007:
Walker International Transportation, LLC / Woburn, MA 01801
TITLE: Branch Manager / independent contracted representative (Dec 2005-May2007)
- Control the daily operations of a satellite office for an international freight forwarder Responsible for bringing on and maintaining new clients, all aspects of customer service, sales, operations, accounting, including domestic, export, import, air and ocean. Key account manager for Raytheon Company U.S.A.
- Key contact for TSA. Implement and maintain cargo security program. Meet and ensure compliance per the regulations of several government entities, including but not limited to, TSA, DOT, DOC, BIS, IATA, ICAO, DOS, ITAR, EAR, USCBP. Dangerous goods specialist
Dec 2003 - May 2008:
Billerica Emergency Management Police / Billerica, MA 01821
TITLE: Patrol Officer/Special Response Team Member/Field Training Officer
- Patrol of town properties, traffic control, emergency response. Serve to provide protection of life, property and public safety
- Maintain certification in required training curricula as required by MA and federal law
September 2016- GTTS, USA - IATA Dangerous Goods by Air, Radioactive Materials by Air Revalidation
March 2016- Trans-Pacific Partnership Agreement - Compliance2Go (webinar)
March 2016- Complying with New Sanctions Against China’s ZTE - Massachusetts Export Center (webinar)
January 2016- Business Management Training - Mevion Medical Systems (total of 156 in-house, structured training courses)
September 2014: GTTS, USA – IATA Dangerous Goods by Air, IMDG, DOT, Radioactive Materials
January 2013-March 2013: U.S. Customs Brokers Exam Prep Course / Law Offices of Paula M. Connelly
December 2012: Classification and Valuation / Law Offices of Paula M. Connelly
November 2012: Country of Origin Determination / Law Offices of Paula M. Connelly
June 2012: US-Korea Free Trade Agreement - Law Offices of Paula M. Connelly
May 2012: Origin Determination in International Trade - Massachusetts Export Center
April 2011 – July 2011: NASBITE Certified Global Business Professional (CGBP) Series
Massachusetts Export Center
Jan 2009 – Dec 2009: Berklee College of Music Boston, MA - College Diploma in Bass Performance
June 2007-June 2013: Cargo Consortium, Transportation Security Administration Logan Int’l Airport
Attendance 10-12 times yearly as held by Inspector Richard Andrade, TSA Boston Team. Updated information and training meetings in air cargo security, program requirements, regulations, and changes to the Indirect Air Carriers’ Standard Security Program (IACSSP).
May 2004: Instructor, Export Control seminar, Massachusetts Export Center
Served as instructor for Export Control seminar held at Middlesex Community College. Course emphasized export compliance and classification.
Sep 1990 - June 1992: University of Massachusetts Lowell, MA
MAJOR: Music Business
COURSES COMPLETED: College Writing I, II / Pre-Calculus / Ethics in Business / Accounting
Kimberly Federico: vendor partner (sales manager for Virgin Atlantic Air, ForwardAir)
YEARS KNOWN: 25
Tel. (617) 835-2349
Jason Kablesh: past co-worker, dangerous goods and international finance specialist
YEARS KNOWN: 17
Tel. (781) 593-8838
ACTIVITIES / AFFILIATIONS
Professional Bass Player, working in theatre, stage, and studio
Jan 2005 - May 2007: Air Cargo Club of New England East Boston, MA
Board of Directors Member
Dec 1994 – May 2008: Massachusetts Criminal Justice Training Council
Reserve Police Officer
OTHER CERTIFICATIONS and TRAINING:
AES Compliance & Export Control Reform
Affirmative Action for Managers
Forklift Operations Safety Training
IATA Dangerous Goods by Air, IMDG, DOT,
IATA Radioactive Materials by Air
International Traffic in Arms Regulations
Export Administration Regulations
ISO 9000 Internal Auditor
Automated Export System
Bureau of Industry and Security SNAP-R Online Registration
Certified First Responder; including AED and childbirth
Emergency Responder to Terrorism
Korea-U.S. Free Trade Agreement
Product Classification and Valuation
26 Mill Pond Robert M. Saunders H: 978-208-8595
North Andover, MA 01845 email@example.com C: 617-962-5675
Executive with Sales, Marketing and New Business Development experience with a proven track record of selling innovative services/solutions. Made a successful transition from a sales role in the printing industry to a similar, yet brand new role in the senior living industry. Excited to continue that development and growth in my new career.
Proven success selling Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care services.
Ability to meet and exceed monthly/quarterly/annual sales goals
Community occupancy has improved by 5 percentage points over the last quarter
Wellspring Village improved 75% occupancy to 100% occupancy during that same period
Recognized for my ability to work well independently, as well as in our community team setting
Embrace all aspects of the Brightview sales process and culture
Excellent listening and communication skills, both critical components to achieving success in my current role
Focus on customer service and customer satisfaction and achieving occupancy and financial targets
Skilled public speaker
Understanding of business finances; P&L, Budgets, Commission plans etc.
Knowledge and experience with YARDI system
Enjoyed a successful career in the Publishing industry and developed skill-sets and transferable skills that will continue to aid me in the development of my new career
Managed sales force for $20MM sales acquired Editorial, Design and Production group
Lead and implemented business unit sales strategy for digital print services.
Developed and sold SaaS custom publishing application
Grew revenue across multiple, networked facilities to $15 million in 2 years.
Participated on team that successfully developed and sold POD solution to 2 major book publishing clients.
Maintained sales volume while reducing expense by 30% after restructuring acquired sales force.
Grew digital services sector from $3.8 million to $5+ million annual sales.
Developed successful relationship with new client; took sales from zero to $2 million annually and #1 account.
Delivered $1+ million incremental revenue via new service offerings.
Earned award for exceptional sales performance.
BRIGHTVIEW SENIOR LIVING, Country Club Heights, Woburn, MA September 2015 – August 2016
Community Sales Director
Serve as the “sales leader” of Country Club Heights, a 107 apartment community offering Independent, Assisted and Memory Care options to current and potential residents
The CSD position is a competitive, direct sales role; responsible for all aspects of customer realtionships throughout the sales cycle.
Through my own efforts and with the support of my Director team, CCH has averaged a move in per week over the last quarter
Collaboratively lead departmental Directors to insure all aspects of community life, (care, dining, programming, plant operations), are consistently best in class
Manage, record and maintain customer relationship information in YARDI system
Responsible for leading all personal visits to the community by prospective residents/family members
Conduct in-depth discovery interview to better understand the physical, cognitive and financial suitability of prospective resident.
Take an active role in planning and implementing on-site events for the public and visiting professionals.
Understand the competitive landscape by visiting other communities and gathering information on their fees and services.
Assist in the development of the marketing and business plan for the community
CENVEO PUBLISHING SERVICES, Boston, MA 2013- 2015
Selling Sales Manager
Managed 2 man sales team focused on Book, Legal, Directory verticals. Sold $8+ million in 2014.
Worked with major international STM/Journal publisher to renew $20 million print contract and new Warehouse & Distribution contract.
Sold 3 year, $6 million contract to provide marketing collateral print and mailing services to major international publisher
Sold XML-first composition and conversion services to new Professional publishing client.
QUADGRAPHICS, Boston, MA 2012- 2013
Responsible for selling Commercial & Specialty print services, including packaging, POS and digital print in the Eastern Region.
Focused on BioTech, Health, Technology and Financial verticals. Selling traditional print, integrated media solutions and data driven web to print services.
R.R. DONNELLEY & SONS, Boston, MA 1995-2012
Director of Sales, Digital Services, 1999-2012
Directed $15+ million pre-media services business unit; created and implemented strategies for digital and cross-media sales.
Launched hybrid domestic/offshore business serving the Education and Trade Publishing markets.
Managed sales of $15M digital print, Inventory Replenishment and Ultra Short run POD Solution.
Monitored competitive landscape for latest data on price and capabilities.
Interfaced effectively with C-level executives at client companies to provide consultative business solutions.
Worked with Operations, Marketing, Manufacturing and Customer Service to assure superior quality and deliverables.
Senior Sales Representative, Electronic Services, 1995-1998
One of 1st in company to sell new prepress and digital services, complementing traditional print/bind core business.
Secured new accounts in New York, Boston, Chicago and California. Achieved $655K year 1, then doubled year 2.
Up to 1995 Sales and Sales Manager in electronic prepress selling to book, catalog, direct mail and commercial markets in the Boston/New York area, also Chicago and West Coast.
Bookbuilders of Boston, Board of Directors, 2014 to 2015
B.A., History, Bristol University, England
Certificate, New Product Development Management, Executive Program, Kellogg Graduate School of Management, 2002
16 Brown Road Raymond, NH 03077 603.303.8337
Firmware Engineer known for improving products with extensive knowledge and experience in multitasking firmware development on embedded real-time operating systems, including Board Support Package development and Ethernet network protocols. Quick learner with high level of emotional intelligence. Team player good at problem identification and resolution. Familiar with all levels of software developments, including low level hardware interface, BSP design, implementation and test, middle level application, protocol development, VxWorks RTOS, tasks, semaphore, interrupt and Queues. Strong communication and collaboration skills. Developed a firmware patent to allow hysteresis for input data, this shows I have innovation skills.
C / C++, Assembly, Familiar with Perl
IAR Embedded Workbench, VxWorks’ tornado VxWorks
ClearCase, familiar with git and Agile process
Freescale’s i.Mx 6Q, SPEAr600 Dual, ARM9, and, PowerPC MPC860, MPC870, 8051 micro-controller, Philips 87C58X2BA, Zilog, intel 186 and 386
Real Time Clock, General Purpose Input / Output GPIO, General Purpose Interface Bus, Analog-to-Digital Converter , Periodic Timer, Watchdog Timer, Universal Asynchronous Receiver Transmitter UART, Direct Memory Access
Ethernet TCP/IP, UDP, SMTP,SNMP, SNTP, RTPS
Modbus, CAN, CANopen .Control and Information Protocols including Ethernet TCP/IP,
input/output modbus scanner, ATI bus protocol
JTAG, Wind River Probe, in circuit emulators
WireShark for Ethernet trace
SCHNEIDER ELECTRIC, North Andover, MA
Principle Firmware Engineer 2012 to 2016
Generated additional revenue in form of 2nd product line change request from customer by impressing customer with fast switch-over of redundant systems HSBY project, while keeping running process unchanged.
Enhanced products by migrating components to new M580 family line, including LED Manager, SNMP, Host Interface, IO scanner, TCP user Modbus server and client Global data and Modbus messaging.
Kept customers satisfied by resolving complaints on existing products in embedded real-time OS, VxWorks, using C / C++ on PowerPC MPC860 and MPC870.
Avoided unexpected results in released product, through code review and clean up Uninitialized variables, buffered over runs, eliminated unexpected inputs from parameters and nulled pointers
Identified and fixed issues that surfaced during pre-ODVA testing, saving $5K – $7K and allowing for 1st-time passing of ODVA test, by using ethernet CIP protocol.
Steve Webster 603-303-8337 firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Firmware Engineer 2001 to 2012
Enabled design team to get back on schedule by bringing new ideas to Twido product family with diagnostic code that guaranteed restart of product with no loss of control.
Saved money by using common part for all I/O devices on CanOpen I/O modules Automation Island. Same image of firmware was used in all I/O modules, devices were better than previous product and only 1 image was required.
Improved company’s reputation and increased revenue by bringing customer needs to life with customized I/O modules discrete input, discrete output, combination input and output, analog input, analog output, AC input modules, AC output modules, push button with keypad and LED’s.
Firmware Engineer 1990 to 2001
Wrote test plans and scripts for testing product and created application programs that verified user functionality. Identified hundreds of issues on product with detailed test scripts that allowed company to release high-quality product.
College Credits Liberal Arts, Fitchburg State University, Fitchburg, MA
College Credits Liberal Arts, Northern Essex Community College, Haverhill, MA
College Credits Computer courses, University Of Massachusetts at Lowell, Lowell, MA
6,738,441, Method and device for filtering input singles
US8510402B2, Management of redundant addresses in standby system
6,448,920, System and method of converting analog values to and from real word values
6,446,102, Method and device for device for high speed scale conversion
70,51,143, Method, system and program for the transmission of modbus messages between networks
26 Allen St.
I began my professional journey as an HVAC mechanic. I maintained the building systems of a 465,000 square foot multi building, multi tenant campus at The Andover Tech Center. My customer service and problem solving abilities were quickly recognized, and I was given an opportunity to prove my skills in a management role. I have been passionate about providing quality service to every company I worked for as well as the people I serve. I enjoy going to work and make the best of each day. While at Ferncroft Corporate Center, a 300,000 square foot multi tenant building I reduced the buildings electric consumption by 40% monthly and maintained the reduction even during an increase in building occupancy. I also reduced Ferncroft Corporate Centers hot and cold calls by 80%. I increased tenant confidence in the building management’s ability to run the facility which caused tenant retention and an increased property value. I'm looking forward to my next employment adventure.
Areas of Expertise
Multiple building facilities management, maintenance and customer relations
Operational & capital budget control.
Project Management, Contracts Management, Vendor Management, Purchasing.
Environmental Health & Safety, Emergency Preparedness, Fire Life Safety
Planning, coordinating and supervising day to day operations of maintenance staff, performance appraisals.
Operational cost reduction in energy usage, trash removal, predictive and preventative maintenance, & grounds care.
Working knowledge in HVAC, electrical, plumbing, energy management systems.
MS Office, Angus, Apogee, Web control and Yardi’s invoice platform.
EMCOR Facilities Services
Chief Engineer 2015 to 2016
Chief engineer of 3 properties totaling 125,000 square feet for Express Scripts. Properties located in Byfield, MA (Freedom Fertility), Marlborough, MA (Accredo), and Troy, NY (ESI Call center). Responsibilities include daily facilities operation, repair and routine preventive maintenance of HVAC and refrigeration equipment. Management of maintenance staff, assuring payroll is accurate and submitted on time. Assigning work orders as needed. Additional duties as required.
The Davis Companies, Boston, Massachusetts
Operations Manager – 2011 to 2014
Manage the facility operations of a 300K 10 story office building and 4 story parking garage on a 17 acre site in Middleton, Massachusetts.
Cushman & Wakefield, Boston, Massachusetts
Building Manager – 2009 - 2011
Managed the facility operations of a 300K 10 story office multi tenant building and 4 story parking garage on a 17 acre site in Middleton, Massachusetts.
Managed the facility operations of a 290K multi-building, multi tenant office building on a 12 acre site in Danvers, Massachusetts.
Stonewall Kitchen, York, Maine
Facility Coordinator - 2008 - 2009
Facility Coordinator for the maintenance department at Stonewall Kitchen's 55,000 square foot corporate headquarters in York, Maine.
CB Richard Ellis, Chelmsford, Massachusetts
Facilities Manager - 2004 - 2007
Provide Facility Management for Avaya's Northeast portfolio consisting of 45 locations with a total of 245,000 square feet, including the critical research and development facility in Chelmsford, Massachusetts.
CB Richard Ellis, Maine
Facilities Manager - 1995 - 2004
Facilities management for Fleet Bank Maine (Currently Bank of America) portfolio of 107 properties totaling 700,000 sq. ft.
RM Bradley, Andover, Massachusetts
Park Superintendent/HVAC Mechanic - 1988 - 1995
The Andover Tech Center a first-class office park consisting of four buildings with 465,000 sq. ft. of rentable multi-tenant office space on a 28-acre campus setting.
Military Service - US Navy
Sandra E. Larocque
16 Canterbury Forest, Plaistow NH 03865
Collection and Reporting of Information to facilitate the generation
of government Census reports.
Family Reiki, LLC: Reiki Therapist, Reiki Master- Instructor April 2003 – January 2010
Marketing, Budgeting, Event Facilitation, Scheduling, Business Administration,
Corporate Massage, Event Chair Massage, Workplace Wellness Programs.
Ocasio’s Martial Arts: Program Director, Instructor July 2005 – November 2009
Marketing, Student Recruitment & Retention, Training staff, Financial Reports,
Manage of Pro Shop, Event Facilitation, Teaching classes as needed.
United States Postal Service - Rural Carrier & Clerk 1995 – 2007
Unloading Trucks, Sorting According to Postal Regulations, General Office,
Delivery to Routes or PO Box, Special Deliveries, Cashier, Inventory/Stocking.
Napoleon Hill Think & Grow Rich Mastermind Anthony Robbins Unleash the Power Within
Toastmasters International G.K.I.C Dan Kennedy Marketing
3rd Degree -Black Belt Martial Artist Psychic Development Coach