Kevin Willett's blog
Award winning Deborah's Kitchen is hiring for holiday hours at our retail locations. We are adding a new member to our sales team at the events for the holiday season November and December.
Deborah's Kitchen has been in business for 14 years and are makers of incredibily delicious, low sugar specialty fruit spreads and relishes in individual jars and gift baskets and gift towers. Retail and, or food service experience helpful. Food lovers with enthusiasm and a desire to delight customers a must.
Please respond to Deborah@deborahskitchen.com
354 N. Main St. #305 L_Walters@yahoo.com
Andover, MA 01810 978-886-3892 tel
I am a highly professional, results driven ESL teacher and multicultural coordinator with the experience of teaching ESL, Spanish, and French to culturally diverse learners at high schools, colleges and beyond. Having taught, lived, and studied abroad, I am excited about our culturally diverse populations and relate to their struggles. I teach languages online and face to face, and enjoy using technology to supplement the students’ learning. As a multicultural coordinator, I am interested in building community that supports our ELL population and enriches every student’s academic experience.
PROFESSIONAL AND TECHNICAL SKILLS
Microsoft Word Microsoft Excel Microsoft PowerPoint Microsoft Windows Clickers Blackboard Chatrooms Online teaching
ESL, FRENCH, AND SPANISH
ESL Instructor 2015-present
Taught Listening and Speaking, Reading and Writing, Critical Thinking, and Living and Learning in
the USA to multicultural students
StudyGroup, North Andover, MA
Prepares international students for success in American Schools, focusing on English language
skills and acculturation.
- Secured placement for international students in American schools
- Developed courses such as “Living and Learning in the USA”
Business ESL Instructor Summer 2014
Taught Business English as a Second Language focusing on oral presentations and writing effective emails, memos, reports, and project summaries.
SEFAS International, Burlington, MA
Helps companies determine project scopes, timelines, and resourcing. Provides strategy, coaching, and guidance to make a project happen.
- Created course curriculum, chose texts, and successfully incorporated the
company’s required documents to improve the students’ writing and presentations
Students English proficiency progressed from C1 to C2 on the International Scale
French Professor 2010-2016
Taught language and French Cinema with a focus on French culture
Department of World Languages and Cultures, University of Massachusetts Lowell.
- Taught all levels
- Published articles and gave presentations on French Literature and second language acquisition
French Professor Department of Continuing Education, UMass Lowell 2014-2015
French 4 online. Advanced topics in grammar with a focus on French culture
- Received excellent teacher evaluations
- Managed chat rooms, blackboard, online gradebook
Teaching Fellow,French Studies, Brown University, Providence, RI 1996-2003 Taught Introduction to the Literary Experience (52)
Analysis of literary texts from the 17th century to the present, including French and
Francophone narrative fiction, drama, poetry, and film
- Worked as teaching consultant
- Received excellent Teacher evaluations
ESL Teaching Consultant, Lawrence Family Development Charter School, Fall 2002
Lawrence, MA Taught teaching assistants ESL including reading, writing,
listening and speaking
- Student’s level improved on International Scale
- Became acclimated to elementary student needs
ESL and Language Substitute, Andover Public Schools Fall 2002-2012 Andover, MA
- Students’ writing improved
- Students’ speaking improved
High School Teacher, Multicultural Coordinator 1991-1996
The Pingree School, South Hamilton, MA.
French language (AP), Cinema, Culture; Spanish 1 & 2
- Produced and coordinated various programs on Multicultural Education
- Motivated and enabled students to execute the above work
PhD, French Studies, Spanish minor (Emphasis Second Language Acquisition) Brown University, Providence, RI
MA, 19th and 20th Century Francophone and French Literature (ESL certification) Brown University, Providence, RI (ESL certification)
MA, French Film and 20th century (French, Spanish certification), Ohio State University, Columbus OH.
BA, French and Psychology, Miami University, Oxford, OH
Robert E. Gordon (978) 875-1755
1221 Pawtucket Blvd., Unit 91, Lowell, MA 01854 email@example.com
SUMMARY: Mechanical Engineering Professional with experience in engineering, manufacturing and documentation practices.
SKILLS: Design Software: SolidWorks, I-DEAS Master Series, Pro-Engineer, Mechanical
Desktop, AutoCAD 14, Working Model, MATLAB, and MathCAD.
Computers: Experienced PC, Mac, and UNIX workstations user.
Inspection Equipment: microscopes and dynascopes.
Machine Shop: lathes, milling machines, and numerical controlled milling machine.
Test Equipment: tensile test machine and environmental test equipment.
Miscellaneous: Microsoft Word and Excel software and ASME GD&T.
B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, University of Massachusetts–Lowell, 2000, GPA: 3.42
Member of Tau Beta Pi, National Engineering Honor Society
Member of Pi Tau Sigma, Mechanical Engineering National Honor Society
Self-implemented projects for alternative energy patents 2004 to Present
Customer Service, DEMOULAS/MARKET BASKET, Littleton, MA 2011 to Present
Home Health Aide, ELDERLY CARE, Hudson, MA 2005 to 2011
Engineering Contractor 2006
Contract work at SOLIDVISION, Oxford, MA
Created drawings of extremely precise dental implants using Solidworks CAD software.
Engineering Contractor 2005
GENERAL COMPUTER RESOURCES INC, Burlington, MA
Contract work at Analogic Corporation, Peabody, MA
Implemented strict documentation procedures by conducting ECOs, modified or re-created solid models using I-DEAS and saved files in various formats for drawing review and manufacturing.
Improved productivity by discovering and correcting inconsistencies between markup files and CAD files and informed the project engineers of these errors.
Engineering Contractor 2005
NATIONAL ENGINEERING SERVICE CORPORATION, Woburn, MA
Contract work at Belmont Instrument Corporation, Billerica, MA
Located over 100 lost CAD files, and established a new database of these files still used today, thereby saving the company the time and cost of recreating the files.
Minimized company time and cost by reverse engineered telescopic I.V. bag hanger design.
Salesman at LEGO, Burlington, MA 2003 to 2005
Teacher at GRACE CHAPEL, Lexington, MA 2002 to 2003
Mechanical Engineer 2000 to 2002
ROCKWELL AUTOMATION ALLEN-BRADLEY, Chelmsford, MA
Created and modified production drawings.
Worked on ECO’s.
Conducted life tests for various sensing devices to test environmental integrity.
Process Development Engineer 2000
RAYTHEON ELECTRONIC SYSTEMS CORPORATION, Andover, MA
Interfaced with Manufacturing Engineer and Process Engineering team to extract Semi-rigid cable info. (Pro-Piping) and create manufacturing inspection templates from solid model database using PRO/ENGINEER 3D CAD/Intralink software.
Created Process Plan for manufacturing.
ADDITIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE
Teacher Assistant (Volunteer), ARUNA’S PLACE FOR CHILDREN, Sudbury, MA 2008 to 2009
Teacher Assistant, GOLDEN POND RESIDENTIAL CARE, Hopkinton, MA 2008
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Secret (Mitre Corporation) – 1995
Bookkeeping and Basic Office Management needed Immediately. Looking for a really experienced person that can work in a small company with mostly all men. Small office of 4-5 people. Self motivated, hard working, organized, and efficient.
- · Job Power is the Accounting System we use but we could change over to Quick Books the first of the year if it makes sense.
- · Billing for service work (Electrical Contracting Business)
- · AIA Billing for Contract Work
- · Accounts Receivable
- · Accounts payable
- · Banking
- · Insurance (working with the agents)
- · Payroll (Ideally but we could outsource depending on the need).
- · Benefits review for employees (would assist with reviewing in conjunction with me.
Pay and Benefits
- · Full time pay range $ 50,000.00 to $ 65,000.00 depending on experience and ability.
- · Vacation couple weeks
- · 401 K available
- · Holidays
- · Insurance negotiable
Contact Steve Dodge at (tel) 781-279-1300, email firstname.lastname@example.org
KIMBERLY A. ARMS
184 Harvard Road, Littleton, MA 01460
(978) 302-5872 Email: email@example.com
- Masters level healthcare professional with over twenty years experience developing, implementing and managing complex projects within time and budgetary constraints.
- Proficient in contracts operations management: negotiations, facilitation of RFP process and auditing.
- Experienced in leading cohesive, high performing cross functional teams.
- Proven strength in business development, budgeting and quality assurance initiatives.
SUMMARY OF SKILLS
Strategic Planning * Project Management * Budget Management & Analysis * Regulatory Compliance* Business Operations Management * Contract Management * Vendor Relationship Management* Negotiation * Marketing * Customer Relationship Management * Team & Professional Development* Problem Resolution * Recruitment
Premier Home Health Care of Massachusetts, Inc. Northborough, Pittsfield and Fall River MA
Regional Director, 2010-2016
- Provided overall management and administration for three branch locations serving entire State of Massachusetts including evaluation of marketing and business development activities to achieve corporate objectives.
- Contributed to the development of annual budgets of approximately $7M, projection models and subsequent P&L management.
- Developed and executed plan to bring all branch locations into 100% compliance for all contracts.
- Decreased annual advertising costs by over 50% through the development and promotion of employee incentive programs.
- Introduced new product line that resulted in 30% increase in sales within first year.
- Increased overall branch gross margins by10% within a 2-year period.
Premier Home Health Care of Massachusetts, Inc. Worcester, MA
Branch Administrator, 2008-2010
- Provided management and administration of the Worcester Massachusetts Branch that included ensuring compliance with all federal, state and local regulations as well as contract credentialing requirements.
- Developed, implemented and monitored annual business plan including marketing and business development activities reflective of plan.
- Created extensive marketing action plan resulting in 50% revenue growth within the first year.
- Expanded patient and paraprofessional census by 100%.
- Improved company visibility by relocating branch from Worcester to Northborough in 2010.
Elder Services of the Merrimack Valley, Inc., Lawrence, MA
Assistant Director of Home Care, 2004-2007
- Contributed to the management and administration of $40,000,000 state home care program including; budget analysis, program performance measures, compliance with all state policiesand regulations, ongoing staff supervision and performance appraisals.
- Responsible for management of state home care contracts: facilitation of request for proposal process, negotiations, contract development, performance monitoring and vendor audits.
- Introduced a new system for client co-payment collections resulting in a 50% reduction of overdue co-payments within the first year.
- Cultivated strategic partnerships with senior housing executives that led to the development of the
corporation’s first HUD 202 Senior Housing.
Elder Services of the Merrimack Valley, Inc.
Project Manager, 1993-2004
- Managed and administered state home care supportive services programs with a combined annual budget of $1,000,000+. Duties included budget analysis, program performance measures and compliance with all state and federal policies and guidelines.
- Co-authored corporation’s first $1,000,000 federal grant for supportive housing services and subsequent grants for additional program support over a 10-year period.
- Designed and implemented innovative and cost effective model for supportive services developments leveraging resources to save significant amounts of money annually.
- Expanded supportive services developments within the corporation’s territory by 75% within a 2-year period.
Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook
Master of Science, Springfield College Licensed Social Worker (MA)
Bachelor of Science, Fitchburg State University
161 Atlantic Avenue Salisbury, Massachusetts 01952 (978) 580-8843 firstname.lastname@example.org
A hardworking and energetic sales professional with extensive experience in mastering new products and handling internal and external clients, using organizational, interpersonal and communication skills. Accomplished in territory management and customer support. Possesses a proven track record of increasing sales growth, customer satisfaction and repeat business. A quick learner and adaptable team player who works cross-functionally to achieve results in a timely manner.
US FOODS, INC., October 2005-June 2016
Inside Sales Representative, Seabrook, New Hampshire, 2008-2016
Serves as primary liaison between Hospitality Services Group and US Foods, responsible for $5 million in sales annually. Processes customer orders, price quotes, sample requests, returns and credits accurately and in a timely manner. Proactively recommends items to customers to increase customer satisfaction and improve order profitability. Educates customers about terminology, features and benefits of products in order to improve customer satisfaction and increase sales. Monitors scheduled shipment dates to ensure expedited and timely delivery. Contacts customers following sales to ensure ongoing customer satisfaction and resolution of any complaints or issues.
Works with marketing to coordinate food shows and rollout of new products via samples with hands-on demonstrations and presentations.
Works cooperatively with outside sales and brokers to grow existing customers, creating new customers and exceeding monthly sales quotas at the appropriate gross margin while increasing customer satisfaction.
Increases sales and average order size through cross-selling, upselling and add-on sales by offering promotional sales items.
Consistently earns incentives for upselling house-branded products.
Provides telephone and sales support to all customers and eight internal departments, ranging in size from ten to 100 associates.
Territory Manager, Sales Representative, Peabody, Massachusetts,2005-2008
Introduced and sold new products to customers through sales presentations and food shows. Supported customers by analyzing market trends and recommending products to support trends. Worked with credit department and customers to collect all balances due based on approved credit terms. Prepared sales budgets and reports, processed credits and pickup requests and prepared price quotes and menu suggestions based on current food costs.
Built a $2 million customer base while maintaining existing customers and maximizing profitable sales.
Increased customer base sales by 400% and gross profit by 42%, consisting of a 25% LIC administrative markup.
Exceeded monthly sales goals and new customer penetration.
Managed customers’ delivery time windows as published by the transportation department and addressed any problems that occurred during the order process, such as delivery errors, truck shortages and stock outs.
Initiated cold calls and followed up on leads to generate new business.
SHAHEEN BROS., INC., Amesbury, Massachusetts
Accounts Manager, Sales Representative, 2002-2005
Primary account manager for $1.2 million customer base. Provided profitable price quotes and established payment and credit terms to customers. Introduced and sold new products to customers. Successfully contributed to all company sales team product promotions.
Increased customer base sales by 60% and gross profit by 42% within a two-year period.
Exceeded monthly sales goals and new customer penetration.
CARLTON-BATES COMPANY, Haverhill, Massachusetts
Inside Sales Representative, 1999-2002
Responsible for expanding and maintaining sales in a $3.5 million account base, using strategic business planning, with a strong focus on major accounts.
Provided all aspects of account management, including price quotes, expediting product, forecasting sales and resolving invoice issues.
Served as primary liaison between customers and manufacturers, utilizing communication and negotiation skills.
Generated leads and cold calls to assist field sales in expansion of customer base.
KITCHEN & KUTCHIN, INC., Burlington, Massachusetts, Inside Sales Representative, Manufacturers’ Representative, 1989-1999. Utilized communication and sales skills between customers and manufacturers’ representatives to identify customer product requirements and pricing. Responsible for extensive product knowledge and market conditions for 35 manufacturers in the semiconductor industry. Successfully implemented company sales strategies and business plans.
Lasell Junior College, Auburndale, Massachusetts, A.A. in Accounting, 4.0 GPA
MS Word, Outlook, Excel, Tandem, Prism, Edge
Running (Completed First Half Marathon in 2014), Cooking, Animal Welfare
Annual beach cleanups
1 Water St. Apt 419 Haverhill, MA 01830
Phone: (978) 420-5522
Objective: To secure a management position where I can use my customer service skills and experience.
11/14 – 06/2016 Edgewood Retirement Community North Andover, MA
Environmental Services Supervisor
Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Environmental Services Department.
Hiring, training and supervising a staff of 20+ employees.
Maintaining a quality control program for Environmental Services staff.
Operating within budgetary guidelines.
Assisting Facilities Director.
Coordinating room cleanings as well as deep cleanings and special cleaning projects.
06/12 – 10/14 Providence Biltmore Hotel Providence, RI
Assisted the Director of Housekeeping during a $16 million renovation.
2+ years of union experience.
Inspecting guest rooms to guarantee cleanliness and make sure all standards were met.
Overseeing a housekeeping staff of 30+ employees.
Opening and closing housekeeping shifts in a 295 room property.
Setting up guest rooms for VIP’s as well as Site Tours for the Sales Department.
Kept track of “Lost & Found” items and returned them to guests accordingly.
03/11 – 06/12 Residence Inn by Marriott Warwick, RI
Inspecting guest rooms to make sure they were properly cleaned and that all Marriott standards were met according to company value.
Overseeing all housekeepers as well as opening and closing housekeeping shifts.
Gatehouse - Preparing breakfast menu for 90+ guests.
Front Desk – Experienced with FOSSE System, checking guests in and out as well as making reservations.
Laundry – In charge of washing, folding, and stocking all housekeeping supplies.
Housekeeping & Houseman – Proper cleaning of guest rooms and main areas in a 96 room property.
Johnson & Wales University Providence, RI
Bachelor of Science,Hospitality Management Received - 05/11
Associates in Science, Hotel Management Received - 05/09
- Spanish speaking - Fluent and conversational
- Experienced with Microsoft software – Word, PowerPoint, Excel
References Available Upon Request