Kevin Willett's blog
5 Pearl Street, Apt. D
Ayer, Massachusetts 01432-1396
CLEAN ENERGY PROFESSIONAL
Solar & Energy Conservation Industries
Passionate Clean Energy Professional with a proven track record of enhancing team productivity and increasing lead generation. An independently motivated office management professional who knows how to efficiently organize office processes and to complete tasks promptly. Uniquely skilled in building and sustaining committed partnerships. Core competencies include:
· Staff Training & Supervision
NEXT STEP LIVING, Boston, MA 2012 – 2015
Community Outreach Coordinator
Planned and implemented, as part of a four member regional team, targeted outreach campaigns in 45 cities in the Boston Metro Northwest area.
- Successfully managed and nurtured 12 community partnerships with local non-profits, businesses, and municipalities.
- Generated over 7,400 prospects per year for solar and residential energy efficiency programs by developing and setting up an average of 140 events per month for regional team.
- Proposed and implemented kiosk at Whitney Field shopping mall including investigating location, getting contract modified and signed, and interfacing with marketing for kiosk design and specifications.
SUSTAINABLE LIFE SOLUTIONS, Ayer, MA 2010 – 2011
Own business – marketed, sold, and provided educational services to Massachusetts residents about environmentally sustainable products that reduced energy use, toxins, and waste products.
- Achieved a savings of approximately $7,000 on customers’ annual electric bills, during
one partnership project, by partnering with Cape Cod Utility to sell energy conserving advanced power strips (180 sold in one day at the Yarmouth Seaside Festival).
STARBUCKS COFFEE COMPANY, Westford, MA 2006 – 2012
Shift Supervisor, Customer Service
Led and developed a team of 3-4 baristas. Responsible for cash management, deployment, productivity, and customer satisfaction metrics.
- Consistently met $18,000 average weekly sales demand by accurately tracking and ordering food, beverage, and paper products assuring optimal, cost-effective inventory.
- Diverted approximately 7,000 pounds of recyclables annually from the solid-waste stream by researching, designing, and implementing a comprehensive store recycling program.
VOYAGERS HOMESCHOOL COOP, Acton, MA
Fundraising Chairperson, Member Board of Directors
- Raised over $1,100 for programs and activities by planning curriculum sale & fashion runway show.
- Developed and implemented fundraising activities such as the Lunch Store, Simon Mall Evening of Giving, building rental arrangements for conferences, and raffle donations that enhanced revenue streams.
FADDEN HOMESCHOOL, Littleton, MA
- Successfully planned, developed, and obtained approval for a comprehensive curriculum (academic, social and recreational) that effectively prepared my three daughters for college.
- One daughter graduated from UMass Amherst and will be graduating from Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine in May 2015 with a DVM degree.
WHITESMITHS, LTD., Westford, MA
Senior Software Engineer
- Project manager and liaison for contract signed with IBM that oversaw transferring system software from a Motorola to an IBM hardware platform.
Education & Professional Development
Bachelor of Technology – Systems Software, Rochester Institute of Technology, Rochester, NY
- LEED Green Associate® (April 2015)
- Microsoft Office Specialist (Certificate)
MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Mill City Toastmasters
- Office Volunteer, Nashua River Watershed Association
- Recycling Team, Lowell Folk Festival
- Green Sanctuary Task Force, First Church Unitarian
- US Green Building Council, MA chapter member
978.870.6865 • firstname.lastname@example.org • Shirley, MA 01464
HUMAN RESOURCES PROFESSIONAL | BENEFITS SPECIALIST
Experienced Customer Service Representative – Benefits Specialist with a passion for helping customers understand and enroll and in their company benefits. Seeking new opportunities where I can use my newly gained knowledge in annual enrollment benefits to transfer to the Human Resources Benefits Specialist role.
Goal and Deadline Oriented • Organized • Strong Work Ethic • Team player • Technical and Creative Thinker
Work | Volunteer | Internship
Customer Service Representative – Annual Enrollment Benefits Specialist
APAC Customer Services, Inc. (Savvy Staffing Solutions),Worcester, MA October 2014 to February
- Help customers understand, select, and enroll in their annual enrollment benefits over the phone.
- Answer any questions they may have about their options.
- Helping customers submit their choices and inform them of what happens post-enrollment.
Top Agent | Excellent Customer Service | Detail Oriented | Technically inclined to pick up new programs
Holiday Recovery Associate
Kohl’s Department Store, Leominster, MA December 2013
- Kept the store tidy of Kohl’s merchandise for a clean and organized appearance and better customer experience.
Food Distributor - Volunteer
Loaves and Fishes Food Pantry, Devens, MA April 2014 to present
- Loaves and Fishes is part of the Boston Food Bank
- Helped clients meet their nutritional needs.
Co-Leader of North Central Mass Networkers
Leominster, MA. / Shirley, MA February 2014 to September 2014, present
- Facilitated multiple meetings: communicated announcements, indoctrinated new members, presented speakers,etc.
- Helped the leader with securing the new facilities for the meeting
- Web Administrator
- Presenter: LinkedIn Presentation called How to Navigate LinkedIn: A Live Demo
- Helped individuals or small groups navigate LinkedIn
Shirley Historical Society, Shirley, MA 2013-2014
- Organized the Military file storage.
- Organized existing Inventory document by converting the table in MS Word to an MS Excel file, thereby making it easier for the curator and volunteers to use. Also, I updated the document to be sure the entire inventory is accounted for.
Information Technology Intern
Raytheon Integrated Defense Systems HQ, Tewksbury, MA 2009
- Obtained the internship through the BATEC Student Leader program.
- Imaged and prepared desktop computers and delivered to employees.
- Performed setup and verified network connection.
- Diagnosed desktop issues at the end users desks.
- Reviewed backup protocols with end users.
- Completed computer preparation faster than required.
- Worked with the team to complete department goals and deadlines
Information Technology Intern
Nashoba Valley Technical High School, Westford, MA 2008 to 2009
- Installed new equipment including video splitters and DVD drives throughout the institution.
- Replaced defective equipment for end users.
B.S., Business Administration, Concentration in Management, 2013
Fitchburg State University, Fitchburg, MA GPA: 3.0, Dean's List
A.S., Information Technology, 2009
Middlesex Community College, Lowell, MA GPA: 3.5, Dean’s List
- Boston Area Advanced Technological Education Connections (BATEC) Student Leader, 2008 to 2009
- Middlesex Community College Student Leader, Fall 2008
Office Technology and Telecommunications Program, 2006
Nashoba Valley Technical High School, Westford, MA GPA: 3.5
- Highest Honors for Academic Achievement
- Certificate of Merit Achievement
- Technical Program Advisory Committee Member, 2004 to 2009
jsy creations, jsycreations.wordpress.com, Shirley, MA
- Jewelry, sewing, and yarn creations for everyday!
- Creates and sells jewelry, sewing, and yarn creations.
- Maintains weekly blog for sharing new creations.
ROBERTA S. COSGROVE
2 Susan Avenue email@example.com
Burlington, MA 01803 http://www.linkedin.com/in/sasstatsrobertacosgrove
- M.A. Statistician/SAS Programmer with extensive experience in clinical trials and R&D.
- Protocol review, writing statistical methods section, clinical report review.
- Sample size/power calculations, randomization plans, statistical analysis plans.
- SAS programming (base, stat, macro, graph) for tables, listings, figures, and ad hoc analysis.
- Statistical analysis (SAS) includingt-tests, ANOVA, ANCOVA, regression, Fisher’s Exact Test, logistic regression, and survival analysis.
- Certified in Base SAS 9 Programming.
- Excellent analytical, writing, communication, and presentation skills.
Statistician/Consultant 2015 - present
- Statistical analysis (SAS) of data from freshmen chemistry classes at Salem State University to determine whether Team Based Learning (TBL) reduced student attrition and absenteeism rates.
- Results were presented by Dr. Lorrie Comeford at the Team Based Learning Collaborative Annual Meeting in March 2015.
Family Leave/SAS Training/Volunteering 2010-2014
Sr. Biostatistician 2001-2010
Boston Scientific Corp., Marlborough, MA
- Conducted SAS programming for statistical analysis of data from medical device clinical trials.
- Prepared statistical tables, listings, and figures.
- Performed sample size and power calculations.
- Wrote statistical methods section of study protocols.
- Prepared statistical analysis plans.
- Developed randomization plans.
- Collaborated with data management team in development of Case Report Forms and edit checks.
- Performed statistical analysis for stability data on drug-coated stents.
- Conducted validation checks on other programmers’ output.
Harvard Clinical Research Institute, Boston, MA
- Developed SAS programs to analyze economic, clinical, outcomes, and quality of life data from multi-center clinical trials on cardiovascular devices.
- Calculated cost components for clinical procedures and for hospitalizations.
- Computed measures for resources, clinical events, outcomes, quality of life (e.g., SF-36), and cost/effectiveness ratios.
- Performed statistical analysis on quality of life data.
- Conducted data checking and review.
- Ran bootstrap simulations and sensitivity analysis to evaluate effects of parameters.
ROBERTA S. COSGROVE
2 Susan Avenue firstname.lastname@example.org
Burlington, MA 01803 http://www.linkedin.com/in/sasstatsrobertacosgrove
Statistical Programmer/Contractor 1997-1997
ASG, Inc./ Sepracor, Inc. (client), Cary, N.C./Marlborough, MA
- Developed SAS validation programs for statistical analysis of data from a multi-site Phase III clinical trial of an asthma drug.
- Calculated various measures such as peak response, time to response, and response duration.
- Performed statistical analysis on measures.
Member of Technical Staff 1995-1996
GTE Laboratories,Waltham, MA
- Developed SAS programs for econometric modeling applications.
- Wrote SAS programs to evaluate pairwise and three-way comparisons for 27 test alternatives and to calculate the maximum response.
- Developed SAS programs for data file transformations and for model simulations.
- Served as SAS consultant.
Sr. Statistician 1984-1993
Gillette Co., Boston, MA
- Performed statistical analysis of data from R&D product use tests, engineering tests, and clinical trials, for blades and razors, office products, and toothbrushes.
- Developed test and experimental designs, performed statistical analysis (SAS), and wrote reports.
- Performed sample size and power calculations to provide information on statistical risks.
- Evaluated analytical methods in use and recommended changes.
- Served as statistical consultant.
Certified in Base SAS 9 Programming.
Charles Webster Potter Place, Waltham, MA 2012-present
- Develop and format Excel spreadsheets for attendance data.
- Enter data into Excel and Appilistic software databases.
- Perform quality control checks and edit data.
M.A. in Statistics, Harvard University.
B.A. in Mathematics, Magna Cum Laude, Boston University.
Boston Area SAS Users Group.
Dorothy D. Emmons
Wilmington, MA 01887
Diverse background as an A/R Credit and Collection Specialist with over 10 years of professional experience. Committed to providing exceptional Customer Service for both internal and external customers.
My capabilities include multi-tasking, organizing priorities and the ability to work with a variety of internal departments. My value is enhanced by a working knowledge of Outlook, Microsoft Office, Oracle and Oracle Discoverer.
Philips Color Kinetics – Burlington, MA April 2008 – December 2014
Credit and Collection Specialist
- Contact customers in regards to past due balances on account via phone or e-mail
- Assess Credit Risk for potential customers to establish credit limits by obtaining Bank and Trade references and Credit Bureau reports
- Built and maintained a strong relationship with Customer Service and Sales team to facilitate the collection process
- Enter manual billings and credits for adjustments to customer account
- Provide assistance to customers with billing disputes on account
- Prepare detailed aging report and facilitated semi-weekly Collection meeting with Finance Manager and team to review all accounts over 30 days past due
Edwards Vacuum, Inc. (Kforce) – Wilmington, MA April 2006 – April 2008
Customer Service and Collection
- Contact Customer in regards to change in remit to address and company name change
- Collection of customer accounts as assigned by manager
- Analyze and prepare tie-off of payment to open invoices
- Process Bank and Trades (references) for customer’s looking for open terms
Kronos Incorporated – Chelmsford, MA August 1988 – December 2005
- Supervised A/R and Customer Registration Specialists for set up for all new accounts and maintenance to existing accounts
- Initiating web based forms, with IT, for the newly created Customer Registration function
- Developed, as a team member, processes and procedures for implementation of Oracle
- Responsible for all aspects of entering Sales Orders, Bill Only Invoices and Credit Memos for 20 district offices
- Contributed to the testing and design of new billing initiatives and interfaces
Middlesex Community College – AD
8 Pilling Road, Wilmington, MA 01887 • (917) 670-5765 • email@example.com • crahimi.wordpress.com
Summary Of Skills
- Highly experienced writer with flair and a broad range of experience in assorted venues.
- Naturally creative and able to generate ideas quickly and easily.
- Work well under pressure, making decisions rapidly and effectively. Can manage multiple priorities.
- Frequent and fruitful collaboration with marketers, merchandisers and art directors.
- Ten years’ corporate experience in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
Writing & Content Creation
- Contributed articles on local events for weekly newspaper.
- Wrote website content for national and global hotel chains according to strict SEO guidelines.
- Crafted brand-building copy, taglines and product descriptions for global product launches, including flagship brands.
- Created dynamic sales flyers and other consumer-oriented promotional materials.
- Scripted numerous direct response offers that yielded concrete results.
- Composed motivational editorials, product descriptions and headlines.
- Wrote online training guides and other communications.
- Authored travel pieces for international media company utilizing search engine keywords.
- Generated product names and concepts in brainstorming sessions.
- Collaborated with virtual creative team to produce website content for body care brand.
- Copy edited award-winning weekly newspaper in northern Westchester.
- Copy edited biweekly beauty, fashion and gifts catalog according to in-house style guide.
- Resolved product discrepancies, legal issues, offers, layout and other queries with appropriate departments.
- Proofread stats, blue lines and wet proofs for placement of texts and visuals.
- Copy edited several manuscripts and articles, including Bo Forbes’ “Yoga for Emotional Balance,” and “The Heart is Deceitful Above All Things” for novelist Laura Albert writing under the pseudonym J.T. LeRoy.
- Researched, acquired and cleared permission for photos used in publications worldwide.
Editing, Proofreading & Research
- The Record-Review, Copy Editor, Katonah, NY, July 2012–October 2014
- Isobar, Freelance Copywriter, Watertown, MA, March–October 2011
- The Visual Connection, Inc., Freelance Photo Researcher/Permissions Editor,Gloucester, MA, August–December, 2010
- Giorgio Armani Beauty, Freelance Copywriter, New York, NY, July 2009
- Andovar, Pte. Ltd., Freelance Copywriter, Boston, MA, July 2009
- Avon Products, Inc., Copywriter, New York, NY, December 2000–August 2008
- Avon Products, Inc., Copy Editor, New York, NY, August 1998–December 2000
- Diogenes Wine Company, Project Copywriter, Napa, CA, 2007
- Stephka’s Collection, Project Copywriter, Oakland, CA, 2005
Carnegie Mellon University, BA, History
Additional Skills & Learning
- Copy Editing I & II, Media Alliance, San Francisco, CA.
- Microsoft Word; some Adobe InDesign, QuarkXPress, Adobe Photoshop and WordPress.
- Knowledge of layout and design principles.
(617) 818-1920 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Manager Inside Sales /Business & Sales Development who brings demonstrated skills in creating and implementing structured and customized sales processes and a consistent track record of building highly
successful sales and business development teams that exceed sales and business efficiency goals in a variety
of B2B and B2C markets. Proven ability to create strategy, initiate, deploy and sustain business initiatives in high growth and turnaround scenarios. Interact with and obtain C-level management support. Implement major programs that drive sales success and integrate with marketing, field sales, and operations groups. Experienced project leader in development of IT/OPS strategic initiatives and key management tools (metrics, data analytics, CRM deployment and management, SFA and business process improvement, KPIs, call monitoring/quality assurance, sales training, sales enablement, sales productivity).
Industry experience includes: technology software and services, medical devices, telecommunications, consumer services, travel/tourism, and hospitality.
Inside sales management - business development - sales development - sales operations - sales training - telesales - sales enablement and productivity - customer acquisition - lead generation - channel management - customer service/customer retention - contact center management and operations - quality assurance - project management - CRM deployment and customization - SFA - business process improvement - sales compensation - account management - operational processes and standards - SMB and Enterprise Sales - coaching and mentoring - team development
Certified LEAN/Six Sigma Green Belt, Six Sigma Black Belt
TECHNOLOGIES--MS Office, Call Monitoring (VPI, Avaya), CRM: Salesforce.com, Saleslogix, Oracle, Seibel, ACT, SAP, WFM (work force management) and marketing automation applications: Hubspot
ZOLL Medical, Chelmsford, MA 2011- 2014
Manager, Sales Development (North America-All Business Channels)
Recruited to hire, train and manage sales development and sales operations through 9 sales development specialists and administrators.
- Increased business opportunities by 20% per year since 2011in channels for approx. 200 field sales reps. Coordinated with Channel Marketing Managers to design and implement lead generation programs that drove over 700 individual marketing campaigns per year creating 15,000-20,000 leads. Added $75M+ in business revenue.
- Assisted CRM Manager in implementation of automated lead uploading to salesforce.com, eliminating manual data entry. This automation also eliminated the need to hire 4 or more FTEs.
- Created and improved QBR reporting functions for all channels and revised all CRM tools for Sales Development team.
- Created and supervised grant services program for all Direct Sales Channels-web page, grant reference tool, promotional literature and grant writing resources, enabling field sales teams to improve customer receptivity to alternative purchase options.
- Evaluated, selected and implemented call monitoring system to capture inbound and outbound reps’ call activity for improved training and coaching.
- Designed and implemented revised compensation plan for sales development team, focused on individual results and KPI achievement.
- Created SOP for all Sales Development CRM process and best practices.
HEWLETT PACKard Company,Conway,AR 2009-2010
Inside Sales Manager - Emerging Growth Accounts, West Region: Healthcare and Banking
Hired to build and manage team of 8 entry level Inside Sales Representatives responsible for growth of more than 10,000 accounts in vertical markets. Provided sales training, coaching, support and analytical tools (QA, pricing guidance and support, CRM, and product training). As of my departure, team was on target to achieve $35M goal.
- Coordinated inside/outside HP sales teams with contracted ISV and VAR partners to provide software product/service solutions for IT Management teams within enterprise accounts.
Yankee Candle Company, SouthDeerfield,MA 2008-2009
Wholesale Sales Manager, Independent Gift Channel
Managed team of 8 Insides Sales/Customer Service Consultants responsible for managing existing wholesale channel accounts.
- Achieved 105% of FY2008 sales goal of over $30M
- As Certified Trainer for Profiles International--Worldwide Customer-Focused Selling Sales Training Program, led training session for all sales groups, sales support, marketing, management, and related staff members in wholesale division to improve sales and service outcomes under corporate wide initiative.
- Selected as Outsource-Service Manager for third-party firm that provided sales/customer service contact with more than 5000 small accounts, collectively providing $20M in sales. Managed outsource team leader and oversaw all operational aspects of business. Implemented programs and promotions specific to this account base. Acted as YCC contact for training, quality assurance, sales operations, and financial requirements, ensuring outsourced company complied with YCC standards and business objectives.
- Contributed in needs analysis, SOW, application evaluations of vendors, selection and implementation of salesforce.com for Wholesale Sales Division.
Caras Training,Lynnfield,MA 2005-2008
Business Process Consultant, US and Canada
Focused on Customer Care, Sales, and Retention Departments (clients: Vonage, Regis Intl, Peabody Hotel Group). Performed in-depth assessments and recommended changes in systems, processes, and people in order to achieve deadline-driven goals.
- Implemented recommendations in role of Interim Director,Mentorto Young Managers, Supervisors, One-to-One Coach with Front Line Staff, Executive Committee Member, Manager of Outsourced Call Center Programs, Quality Program Developer, and Quality Monitor.
- Results included
- reduction of churn rates to targeted levels with daily achievement of retention goals every day for six-month engagement in two locations
- turnaround of Customer Service Department to handle calls from nearly 10,000 newly acquired stores while reducing staff and costs
- increase in hotel occupancy by 3% with improved profit in each business segment
- increase in corporate/group sales by 20%
Oracle Corporation,Burlington, MA 2004
Sales Manager-Oracle Direct
Led overlay inside sales team of 10 representatives to acquire new business opportunities from existing accounts/territory. Restructured and retrained team to quota producing inside sales representatives.
- Initiated quota goals and pipeline development to achieve $1M revenue goal in final 12 weeks of FY.
American Skiing Company-Killington Resort,Killington,VT 2002-2003
Director of Sales
- Led 100-person seasonal and FTE sales and service team (conference services, group sales, and transient sales) to exceed sales goals of $65M.
- Implemented Management/Team Lead training initiative and onboarding program to cross train FTE and seasonal staff on sales, customer service and product knowledge.
- Developed comprehensive plans for marketing resort to conferences and groups, resulting in 27% increased revenue over previous year.
- Introduced new standards for customer contact that resulted in two Awards of Recognition for Outstanding Customer Service.
Corporate Software & Technology,Norwood,MA 1999-2002
Director of Inside Sales-SMB Division
Recruited by CEO to lead new business initiative. Built 50+ staff Inside Sales Team selling internet sourced business critical software applications and tools, with ISV partners, to small/medium sized businesses.
- Generated immediate revenues of $6M in first year by building customer base that exceeded 500 new businesses with recurring needs and above industry average profits.
- Created customized training and onboarding program for entry level sales representatives to acquire sales skills, product knowledge, customer service acumen.
Director Sales Operations (1999)
Manager/Director of Inside Sales (1997-1999)
- Built Sales Support Infrastructure for enterprise document management software company with restart as web-based application.
- Led selection/implementation/management of CRM, Forecasting, and Back Office System with rollout in less than six months.
- Led team of 12 Inside Sales Account Executives to achieve sales goals each year.
- Created lead generation team of 6 members to develop lead process for new web based product for North American Field Sales Team.
Saga Holidays International,Boston,MA 1994-1996
Senior Manager of Sales and Customer Commitment
- Led team of 5 Managers and 75 Inside Sales Agents to increase Tour-Based Travel revenue from $65M to $85M
- Implemented new hire training program, sales training curriculum and cross training for established reps, utilizing internal resources and external training providers.
- Led sales team in corporate marketing initiative to retool desktop applications with state of the art CTI integration to meet deadline for strategicUSmarketing initiative with rollout in less than 12 weeks.
Data General Corporation,Westborough,MA 1989-1993
Manager, Lead Generation (1989-1993)
Promoted to create, hire and manage 10 person team of Lead Generation Reps for new open systems platform within NA Sales Division. Developed business process systems, database tools for lead generation programs.
Inside Sales Manager, Support Services (1989)
Implemented staff reduction and reorganization of 6 person Inside Sales Team focused on Customer Support Sales. Including User Training, Warranty Renewals, and Technical Services.
Bachelor of Science,UniversityofVermont,Burlington,VT
T R A I N I N G
Miller Heiman July 2013 (refresher, Strategic and Conceptual Selling)
Project Management Training Certification, Quality Productivity Solutions,Marlborough,MA(2010)
Sandler Sales Training, Consultative Selling, Solution Selling
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt (2010)
Six Sigma Black Belt (2010)
Profiles International-Customer Focused Selling (2009)
American Association of Inside Sales Professionals (AA-ISP)BostonChapter
Call Center Networking Group (CCNG)
New EnglandContactCenterForum (NECCF)
NorthShoreTechnology Council (NSTC)-member of the Networking Meeting Planning Committee
New EnglandHealthcare Executives Network (NEHEN)
Senior Executive Networking Group (SENG-NE)
WITI (Women in Technology International-Boston Chapter):volunteer on leadership committee for 2014/2015